THE VOICE STUDIO OF:
MARIA LYNN TASSONE
1. Lessons must be paid for in advance for the month, term or year. Post-dated cheques, cash or email money transfer are acceptable methods of payment. A late payment fee of 5$ will be applied to any payments made after the 1st of the month.
2. One month’s notice must be given before termination of lessons and all fees must be up to date. Any outstanding lessons will not be refunded. If you have provided post-dated cheques those will, of course be returned.
3. Parental involvement in the progress of students is greatly encouraged. A minimum half hour of practice is required daily.
4. No allowance will be made for lessons missed by students, except by special arrangements in cases of prolonged illness. Discussion with the teacher regarding special arrangements is required well in advance. In the case of lesson cancellation 48 hours notice is required. If the student is ill please advise the teacher ASAP. Makeup lessons will be offered only if there is an open slot that month with a maximum of 2 makeup credits per term & No credit will be given for any missed lessons.
5. In the event of the teacher’s absence an adjustment or make-up lesson will be made.
6. Time lost because of a student’s lateness cannot be made up.
7. The student must not enter into examinations, performances or auditions without the prior knowledge and approval of the teacher. (This refers to festivals and or competitions where the teachers name must be given, not extra curricular engagements)
8. The teacher reserves the right to terminate a student if a student misses a minimum of 3 consecutive lessons, payment is not received, there is insufficient practice or a negative attitude.
9. It is the responsibility of the student to pay for sheet music (8$ includes 1 copy of the music & a background track). If music is lost a charge of 4$ will be billed for an additional copy. Sheet music is required in order to play/sing and songs will not be studied without it. Invoices will be prepared accordingly. Please ensure you have a binder or folder to keep your materials in.